Goan fish curry. India has lots of coastline, so it's no surprise that fish and seafood are common ingredients in Indian curries. Goa, the smallest state in India, located on the western coast. A delicious dish that's way better than take out.
Goan Fish Curry is an authentic curry recipe prepared. Does Goan fish curry float your boat, or do your seafood curry allegiances lie elsewhere? This fish curry recipe has gotten me a little further along on that path. You can have Goan fish curry using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Goan fish curry
- Prepare 4 of cardamom pods,seeds only.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated unsweetened coconut.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic,crushed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger,chopped.
- Prepare 2 of mild red chilies.
- It’s 1 tsp of each ground cumin,turmeric,paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 580 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 680 g of firm – fleshed white fish fillets,cut into 4 – inch pieces.
- You need 1 of small potato,peeled and diced quite small.
- It’s 12 of large prawns, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander.
- You need 2 of tomatoes,chopped to serve.
It's a from-scratch Indian You'll see wine and lots of vinegar in their cooking, as well as a lot of seafood. I also make a Goan crab. This Goan Fish Curry recipe is a staple food usually eaten with rice and naan like traditional Indian food. Recipe for Goan Fish Curry made with home made goan fish curry paste and spices.
Goan fish curry step by step
- In small saucepan over medium heat, dry -fry the cardamom seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds,until they begin to jump.Remove from heat, tip into a mortar and grind to a powder with the pestle.set aside.Add the coconut to the saucepan and toast until golden brown.remove from heat and set aside.In a medium frying pan,heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes.Add garlic,ginger,chilies,cumin,turmeric,paprika, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.Tip in the ground spices,.
- Toasted coconut and tamarind paste.Transfer to the slow cooker,and add the coconut milk.Stir together to combine.Place the fish and potato in the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.Thirty minutes before the end of cooking time,add the prawns and stir gently to coat in sauce.Before serving,adjust the seasoning as needed,stir in the coriander and garnish with chopped tomatoes..
I came across this Goan fish curry from the Instagram handle of Chef Floyd Cardoz. A quick and easy Goan Fish & Spinach Curry, Coriander Rice recipe, from our authentic Indian cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. There are so many types of fish curries in Goa and this is one of the most popular ones. There are several curries which can be made by this delectable fish but this recipe is very common in Northern.